1D endpoints and scaling
damion
2006-08-14 23:38:01 UTC
I have a custom 1D master. Using a scaling formula in the Width field of the
Shape Transform section, I've got the width of my 1D shape changing
appropriately, depending on the size of the current view. The problem is
that it's only the picture of the shape that's changing... the endpoints
don't. If I'm using a small field of view, then the end points are wayyyyy
off into the margins and it's difficult or impossible to find them. How can
I get the endpoints to scale properly along with the shape?
Chris Roth [MVP]
2006-08-16 07:18:28 UTC
Since the 1D endpoints are anchored to the page, the situation is a bit
different then for a 2D shape, where you can specify width independent of
pin location.

You could set something up that would work On Drop - something like:

EndX = BeginX + User.MyWidth * User.AntiScale

Then the end point would be a scaled distance from the begin point UNTIL the
user messes with the shape.

Maybe this will get you started...
--
Hope this helps,