Define Text based on
Dirk Bernhard
2007-01-18 16:33:02 UTC
Hello,

I am a newbie for shapes and shapesheet.

I want know if it is possible to change the text from shape based on the
input of text in another shape.
e.g. Text of shape 1 is: "abc"
Then the name of Shape 2 should be "XYZ."+Shape1.text i.d. "XYZ.abc"

I know that e.g. the width can be changed on base on the width of a second
shape e.e width = Shape43!width

Where can I find the approriate function for the text. It should be include
either in an shapesheet or ikn a field function.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanx

Dirk
Mark Nelson [MS]
2007-01-19 05:56:19 UTC
Hi Dirk,

To control shape text through the Shapesheet, you need to insert a Text
Field (from Insert > Field). Once the shape has a text field you can enter
a custom formula in either the Field dialog or the Text Field cell in the
Shapesheet.
--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio