UniqueID available in shapesheet?
Chris Roth [MVP]
2006-12-22 20:58:19 UTC
Hi Scott,

There's no way to get the GUID from within the ShapeSheet. I check the Visio
2007 features too, and didn't see anything promising. (...have a look at:
http://www.visguy.com/2006/11/03/visio-2007-developer-resources-1/)

You could pre-stuff the values into user-cells in your shapes, but that
wouldn't hold up if a user copied a shape.
--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

Free Visio shapes:
http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes
Visio programming info:
http://www.visguy.com/category/programming/
Other Visio resources:
http://www.visguy.com/visio-links/
I know that "=Name()" will insert the shape.name into a cell but there
doesn't seem to be a corresponding "=UniqueID()" function.
Can I access a shape's UniqueID in a shapesheet cell?
If the shape doesn't have a UniqueID, can I create one from the shapesheet
or must I resort to using VBA?
thanks --
Scott
2006-12-22 21:41:00 UTC
Thanks, Chris. Since posting yesterday, I've been experimenting. I've
succeeded in writing vba code that creates a user cell, generates the
UniqueID and deposits the latter into the former.

I haven't done so yet, but assume that I can now add that macro as a
dropevent and that should do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion.