No 'Text Fields' shapesheet section
Aussie Susan
2008-04-18 06:45:00 UTC
(Visio 2003)

I have a shape on my drawing that was originally created from one of the
supplied shapes - it the 'universal' symbol for a 'man', and I have moved it
onto my stencil so I can use it in the future. In all of my other stencil
masters, I can create the displayed text field so that it shows a 'custom
property' row value - and I am trying to do this with the new 'master' shape.

I can create custom properties for this new stencil 'master' but they do not
show up in the 'Insert -> Field.. -> Custom Properties' selection list.

I looked at the shapesheet and I see there is no 'Text Fields' section, but
when I try to insert such a section, the option is greyed out.

I have tried unsuccessfully to 'google' this, but perhaps I've used the
wrong search keywords!!!!!

Can someone please tell me what is stopping me from adding the 'Text Fields'
section as I think this may be why I can't see them in the 'Insert Field...'
selection list. If I'm off the mark, then I hope I've explained enough about
what I'm ultimately trying to achieve that you might be able to set me
straight.

Thanks

Susan
JuneTheSecond
2008-04-18 07:16:00 UTC
Hi, Susan.

Maybe, that shape is a group, and the
TextEditTarget cell in Group Property
Section is set to False.
Turn it to True, and try to insert Fields,
and select category for shape data.
--
JuneTheSecond

Now, visual calculation is more visual.