How to get the Copy Source shape name
Aussie Susan
2007-04-10 01:58:02 UTC
After the great help I have received recently (thanks to all concerned), I
thought I'd push my luck and try another question.

What I'm trying to do is to get one shape to align itself with a another
shape (my left side aligns vertically with the right side of the referenced
shape). This works nicely as long as I can enter the name of the 'other'
shape as a string in a shapesheet cell.

What I'm looking at doing is allowing the user to select a shape,
control-drag a new shape from it and automatically have the new shape
reference the one that was copied. (The alternative is to have the user type
in the name of the other cell, but this is not always easy to remember/find
out).

Is there some way to get the name of the shape that was used to copy a new
shape? (hope this is clear!!)

Thanks

Susan
JuneTheSecond
2007-04-10 07:52:02 UTC
If the shape is drooped from the stencil, shpeadded events might get the
master name.
JuneTheSecond
Aussie Susan
2007-04-10 23:04:03 UTC
Thanks for the suggestion. However I'm not interested in this situation as
that would mean that my shape instance is tied to a master somewhere - not
what I'm after.

However the 'ShapeAdded' event sounds interesting. Is there a way to
receivethis event within the ShapeSheet environment or is it only via
VBA/automation?

Thanks

Susan
JuneTheSecond
JuneTheSecond
2007-04-11 03:56:02 UTC
Yes, the events are in VBA.
JuneTheSecond
Aussie Susan
2007-04-11 04:26:01 UTC
Thanks for the confirmation. I now have some VBA code that does the trick.

Susan
Post by JuneTheSecond
Yes, the events are in VBA.
--