Referencing cell via a variable
Robert H
2008-04-03 20:30:31 UTC
Im experiencing a similar circumstance to an oder topic

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.visio.developer.shapesheet/browse_frm/thread/611beed5a185679f/138ede7f1a1f9d2f?hl=en&lnk=st&q=visio+shapesheet+variable+cell+reference#138ede7f1a1f9d2f

this topic. Im setting several parameters based on a Custom Property
from shapes that are located at the begining and end of the line. Im
genertaing the cell reference in the calculation from User defined
cells BegShp and EndShp identify the shape and Prop.ybary6 identifies
the cell. Im doing this so I can duplicate the line and attach it to
its Begin shape, attach the end shape and then just update the BegShp
and EndShp cells rather than update every cell that need the
reference.

In this case line length is being set:

User.BegShp = "yBar.23"
User.EndShp = "yBar.24"
User.Cell = "Prop.ybary6"
User.BegFml = User.BegShp&"!"&User.Cell
User.EndFml = User.EndShp&"!"&User.Cell
User.JamCalcFml = SETF(GetRef(User.CalcLen),"abs(User.BegFml-
User.EndFml)")
User.CalcLen =

the problem is as Chris indicated getting consistant firing of the Jam
formula. If I edit the formula it will fire. If I close and open the
file it will fire. Is there a way to force recalculations on events in
other shapes? or?
John... Visio MVP