Control Points
Guy..L
2009-06-13 04:44:01 UTC
There are scant few examples of Controls (the yellow handles) that I can
find. Does anyone know where I can find a "Puzzles in the Controls Section"
of the Visio ShapeSheet list of examples?

I have found a few in the architectural stencils provided in Visio.

There are two cases in particular I'd like to implement:

1) Provide two control points at either end of a hidden straight line, such
that they move along (are constrained to) the geometric extension of that
line but are initially at some scale invariant outlying distance from either
end. Like so: . ________ . Reason for this is to control the
distribution of shapes along the line, since their shapesheets can depend on
the controls.

2) Simply enhance a shape's existing green handle by overlaying a yellow
control handle on top. Does this involve glue? Which way does the glue go
and how do I glue to, say, the height handle of a 1-D shape such that the
height handle and the yellow handle track each other throughout all possible
avenues of change?

Thank you,

G..L
Paul Herber
2009-06-15 10:07:46 UTC
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:44:01 -0700, Guy..L
Post by Guy..L
[...]
Have a look at my http://www.sdl.sandrila.co.uk , download the file
and open the stencil "Z100 system.vss" and look at the shape "Delaying
channel". This shape contains 7 controls, 2 of which implement what
you want for (1).

The green handles are determined by the shape's height and width, you
can tie a control to either of these quite easily.
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/