Changing "Pin Pos" without changing position of shape
Udo
2006-12-25 23:49:16 UTC
Hello,

I'm looking for an convenient way to preserve the position of a shape
when its "Pin Pos" is modified. Usually, a change of the "Pin
Pos"-setting is reflected in cells LocPinX and LocPinY, whereas PinX
and PinY are unchanged, resulting of a change in the position of the
shape.

Thanks and greetings
Udo
JuneTheSecond
2007-01-01 09:01:01 UTC
Could I ask you why you need to store the values of PinX and PinY.
If you wish just to store them, you might add user defined section,
and set formulae like =Getf(PinX).
--
JuneTheSecond
Udo
Paul Herber
2007-01-01 09:16:38 UTC
Post by Udo
Hello,
I'm looking for an convenient way to preserve the position of a shape
when its "Pin Pos" is modified. Usually, a change of the "Pin
Pos"-setting is reflected in cells LocPinX and LocPinY, whereas PinX
and PinY are unchanged, resulting of a change in the position of the
shape.
You don't say whether you are modifying the shape manually or under
program control. However, when you change the LocPinX and LocPinY
change PinX and PinY by an equal and opposite amount.
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Udo
2007-01-07 13:07:23 UTC
Hello Paul,
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Udo
I'm looking for an convenient way to preserve the position of a shape
when its "Pin Pos" is modified. Usually, a change of the "Pin
Pos"-setting is reflected in cells LocPinX and LocPinY, whereas PinX
and PinY are unchanged, resulting of a change in the position of the
shape.
You don't say whether you are modifying the shape manually or under
program control. However, when you change the LocPinX and LocPinY
change PinX and PinY by an equal and opposite amount.
I'm changing the "Pin Pos" via the "Size & Position"-Window.

Greetings
Udo
Paul Herber
2007-01-12 18:49:38 UTC
Post by Udo
Hello Paul,
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Udo
I'm looking for an convenient way to preserve the position of a shape
when its "Pin Pos" is modified. Usually, a change of the "Pin
Pos"-setting is reflected in cells LocPinX and LocPinY, whereas PinX
and PinY are unchanged, resulting of a change in the position of the
shape.
You don't say whether you are modifying the shape manually or under
program control. However, when you change the LocPinX and LocPinY
change PinX and PinY by an equal and opposite amount.
I'm changing the "Pin Pos" via the "Size & Position"-Window.
What are you actually trying to achieve? By definition, changing the
LocPinX and LocPinY will change the position of the shape on the page
relative to the PinX and PinY.
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/