Glue 2D Shapes together with a control
Jon Fournier
2009-01-12 15:07:02 UTC
I'm trying to set up a shape that can glue to another shapes connection point
using a control handle, but for some reason I can't get the pins on the
connecting shape to lock to the location of the other shape.

I have some shapes that can do this, and looking at the shapesheet, a
connection point's x and y locs are set to the x and y dynamics of the
control, and when the control glues to another shapes connection point, the
pinx and piny formulas are set to =PNTX(LOCTOPAR(PNT(...

So my question is, does Visio set up the formulas for locking the pins of my
gluing shape, or is there some VBA code setting these formulas that I'm not
seeing?

Again, what I'm trying to do is lock the position of one shape relative to
another without having to group them...

Thanks,

Jon
Paul Herber
2009-01-12 15:18:15 UTC
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:07:02 -0800, Jon Fournier
Post by Jon Fournier
I'm trying to set up a shape that can glue to another shapes connection point
using a control handle, but for some reason I can't get the pins on the
connecting shape to lock to the location of the other shape.
The shape that contains the control handle, look at the details in the
shapesheet, is the control set to enable glue?
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
David J Parker