Hyperlink shapes fill or line colour
d***@by.co.uk
2008-11-30 19:11:40 UTC
I am using VISIO Professional 2003 and have set-up a hyperlink to zoom in on
a shape on page 2 from page1. I would now like to zoom and set the shapes
fill or line colour to red. Could this be done in the Extrainfo cell of the
shape sheet? If so what would the syntax be? I have had a look around on the
net but can't find any information on the subject.

Any help would be appreciated
David J Parker
Chris Roth [Visio MVP]
2009-01-20 12:31:24 UTC
Hi d,

I don't think you could get this fancy with just the hyperlinking function.

You'd be better off running a bit of VBA or other automation code to get
this to happen.

To call VBA from a shape's ShapeSheet, you start with the CALLTHIS or
RUNMACRO function. That gets you from a shape into the code. These
functions usually go in the ShapeSheet 'EventDblClick' cell or a
right-mouse-menu 'Actions' ShapeSheet cell.

Maybe this will point you a in the right direction...
--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

Happy Inauguration Day!
http://www.visguy.com/2009/01/20/visio-smartshape-for-inauguration-day-2009/

Visio Guy: Smart Graphics for Visual People

Articles: http://www.visguy.com
Shapes: http://www.visguy.com/shapes
Dev: http://www.visguy.com/category/development/
Forum: http://www.viguy.com/vgforum