Custom property behavior on click
Vissie
2007-11-12 12:33:49 UTC
Hello,

I have a shape with a number of custom properties but of these 1 or 2
get changed the most often thus its more user-friendly if users can
access them without seeing all the others all the time. Is it possible
to change the way one accesses custom properties e.g. on double click
the full dialog box pops up with all custom properties but on right
click I have quick access to those 1-2 properties that are frequently
changed ? or something like that where one can quickly edit 1-2
frequently used custom properties rather seeing the whole box with all
of them ?

Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks alot !
JuneTheSecond
2007-11-13 04:20:00 UTC
In the shapesheet, each row of custom-prop has a cell named as InVisible.
My idea is to add Action cell, and write at 1fs line as
SETF(GetRef(Prop.Row_1.Invisible),TRUE) in action cell, and
"!st Prop Invisiobel" in Menu cell.
At 2nd line
SETF(GetRef(Prop.Row_1.Invisible),FALSE) in Action cell, and
"!st Prop Visiobel" in Menu cell.
Then user can display menues by right clicking and can control visiblities.
JuneTheSecond
Vissie
2007-11-13 08:15:01 UTC
On Nov 13, 6:20 am, JuneTheSecond
Post by JuneTheSecond
In the shapesheet, each row of custom-prop has a cell named as InVisible.
My idea is to add Action cell, and write at 1fs line as
SETF(GetRef(Prop.Row_1.Invisible),TRUE) in action cell, and
"!st Prop Invisiobel" in Menu cell.
At 2nd line
SETF(GetRef(Prop.Row_1.Invisible),FALSE) in Action cell, and
"!st Prop Visiobel" in Menu cell.
Then user can display menues by right clicking and can control visiblities.
--
JuneTheSecond
Thanks for the reply June.. I tried it and the making it Invisible
part works but it doesnt make it Visible again, have checked the
formulas, they are as you gave them. Any ideas ?

Also I was wondering how its possible to modify the formula
SETF(GetRef(Prop.Row_1.Invisible),TRUE) in Action cell so that
collectively a group of properties can be made Invisible/Visible with
one right click, rather than have lots of action cells for each
property ??

Thanks a million !
JuneTheSecond
2007-11-13 09:08:00 UTC
When inputting formula into a cell, it is esy to use copy and paste with keys
Cntrl + C and Cntrl + V. You might click the Value cell of 1st line of custum
prop, and you would press the keys Cntrl + C, then click the 2nd Value cell
and press the keys Cntrl + V,. This operation copyes the formula at first
line to the second line.
Then you can edit the formula at second line, you have only change "TRUE"
into "FALSE", because the difference between two formulas is just TRUE and
FALSE.
JuneTheSecond
David Parker
2007-11-13 18:51:27 UTC
If you have User-defined cells called, say, Group1, Group2, Group3, etc.;
then you could set the Invisible cell of several cells to, say, =User.Group.
Set thier values to 0.
Then you can have an Action cell with the formula
=SETF(GETREF(User.Group1),NOT(User.Group1)), and you can set the Checked
formula to =User.Group1 , etc
Then you can control the visibility of many custom properties by toggling
the value of a User cell.
Thanks a million !
Vissie
2007-11-14 10:46:27 UTC
Post by JuneTheSecond
[...]
Thanks for the replies. I don't know if its my Visio but just closing
and opening it again made it work (although I had done that before as
well !)..how do I define a group of custom properties in User-Defined
cells e.g. Group 1 like David suggested ? Sorry I'm quite new to
this.. Thanks a mill !